I’ve nicknamed Don ‘The Smoothie Man’ as he’s the one who’s usually in charge of whipping them up. Here is one of the basic recipes that he often makes.
- 1/4 medium avocado (optional)
- 1 or 2 bananas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup of fruits of choice (fresh or frozen)
- 1 or 2 cups fresh greens, such as spinach, Swiss chard, lettuce and/or kale
- Juice of 2 or 3 oranges (or 1 to 2 small whole oranges, peeled and seeded)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups water
Process all ingredients in a high-power blender such as the Omni V 3HP blender until the greens are completely broken down.
Add more or less water, to taste.