Thanks to Café Gratitude’s two recipe books, I have been experimenting with Irish moss in raw desserts to create the most amazingly light and melt-in-your-mouth textures. Irish moss also acts as a thickener, allowing a dramatic reduction in the amount of oil or nuts. This Caesar Dressing is so unbelievably creamy and derives its parmesan-like flavor from the hemp seeds.
Yields about 2 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Irish Moss Gel*
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons hulled hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons raw honey or agave nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium garlic cloves
* To make Irish Moss Gel: Blend .75 oz (or 1/4 cup packed) soaked Irish moss with 1 cup water in a high-speed blender until completely dissolved.
Blend all ingredients in a high-power blender such as the Omni V 3HP blender until smooth and creamy.