As is often the case, some of the best recipes sort of happen unexpectedly. Last summer I had almonds soaking with the intention of making my So Like Campbell’s Tomato Soup, only to realize that there was no red bell pepper to be found in the house! I ended up creating this instead, which has been a huge hit with a lot of people, including us.
- 2 cups packed spinach
- 1 1/4 cups roughly chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup almonds, soaked for 8 hours
- 1/4 medium avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon light miso
- Water, until desired consistency
Blend all ingredients in a high-power blender such as the Omni V 3HP blender until smooth.