Chia seeds are busting with goodness! Besides adding them to our daily smoothies or enjoying them in ‘tapioca pudding’ with almond milk, raw honey or agave and a dash of cinnamon, we’ve been finding new ways to include these miracle seeds in our diet, such as this variation of my House Dressing.
Yields about 3 cups
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds or tahini
- 1 tablespoon tamari or Nama Shoyu
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or agave nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon water (or more, until desired consistency is reached)
Place all ingredients in a high-power blender such as the Omni V 3HP blender and process until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides for those elusive little chia seed ‘stickies’.
Dill Variation: Add a generous 1/4 cup of fresh dill at the end and blend briefly to break down.