Tomato Soup is probably Don’s favorite. He’d have it every single night if it was only up to him. We’ll often enjoy my Tomato & Herbs Soup, but once in a while we like to make Jennifer Cornbleet’s variation.
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup water or more, depending on desired consistency
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic (1 clove)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or 1 teaspoon mellow white miso
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed olive oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or basil, or 1 teaspoon dried
1. Place tomatoes, water, garlic, onion powder and salt or miso in a high-power blender such as the Omni V 3HP blender and process until smooth.
2. Add the avocado and EVOO and blend again until smooth.
3. Add the herbs and blend briefly just to mix.
4. Serve immediately.