This Ginger Sauce is another one of our staples. In fact, there was a time when we ate it so often that I grew tired of it! Its intense flavor and spicy bite makes it the perfect complement to rolls. The Ginger Sauce is also fantastic as a marinade! We let the vegetables marinate for at least one hour, then serve them on a bed of noodles of our choice, adding extra sauce to taste. This is one of Don’s favorite dishes!
Yields about 1/3 cup
- 1/4 cup sesame or cold pressed olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari or Nama Shoyu
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 Medjhool date
- 1 garlic clove
- 3/4-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Blend all ingredients in a high power blender such as the Omni V 3HP blender until smooth.
Enjoy as Dipping Sauce for Spring Rolls or as a marinade for veggies.