Discovering cultured cashew cheese has been a true revelation for me. It tastes and looks exactly like traditional cream cheese, and it never fails to impress whomever I serve it to. This is one of the very first cultured cheeze variations that I have experimented with. Delish!
- 1 cup Basic Cashew or Macadamia Cultured Cheeze
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dried basil and thyme for the crust.
1. Combine Cashew Cheeze, basil, thyme, green onion, nutritional yeast, salt and lemon juice in a bowl. Stir until well combined. Taste and adjust salt, if desired.
2. Shape the Cheeze mixture into a round or press firmly into a small container or bowl lined with plastic film. Sprinkle dried herbs on top. Chill for at least 12 hours to allow flavors to blend and the Cheeze to firm up.
3. When firm, de-mold, turn over and transfer onto a plate. Sprinkle more dried herbs on top and sides.
4. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one week.
Variation: If you prefer, you can enjoy this Cheeze ‘cream cheese style’ by simply transferring the mixture into a container and using it as a spread.