This delicious crust is a sort of a cross between the Pizza Crust featured in Cafe Gratitude’s I Am Grateful and my usual favorite Zucchini & Herbs Crust . A winner and definite new favorite! It served as the base for the Tuscan Pizza we served at a dinner we catered for a few years back.
Yields about 33 square crusts
- 4 cups soaked buckwheat
- 2 2/3 cups sunflower seeds, soaked
- 4 cups zucchini, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3/4 – 1 cup ground flax
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
Spread batter about 1/4″ thick on 3 3/4 dehydrator trays covered with non-stick sheets. Score into 9 squares per tray. Dehydrate at 125 degrees for 2-3 hours, then flip onto mesh and turn the temperature down to 110. Dehydrate until dry.