While visiting my parents I once enjoyed a salad from my mom’s culinary repertoire that was so good and simple I’ve been making it almost weekly ever since! The original recipe calls for rice, but it can easily be substituted with quinoa or for an all-raw version, omit it completely.
- 1 pound mung bean sprouts
- 6 cups spinach sliced thinly
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup or more of raw cashews
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (optional)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup tamari or Nama Shoyu
- 1/3 cup cold pressed olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushes
Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl.
Toss well with the dressing and let marinate for at least one hour to allow for the flavors to blend.