To my surprise, during one of my friend Heathy’s visits I learned that she’d never been ‘the soup type’. At least, she certainly landed among the right folks to give her a taste of how delicious raw soups can be. It looks like our passion for raw soups rubbed off on her some. Together, we came up with this lovely mushroom soup. A perfect use for the left over porcini soak water from preparing Cherie Soria’s amazing Crab Cakes.
By Carmella & Heather Pace of Sweetly Raw
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 cups dried porcini soak water (or regular water)
- 2 cups crimini or button mushrooms
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup zucchini, peeled
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoon miso
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- A few crimini or button mushrooms, sliced and marinated in a little cold pressed olive oil and tamari
1. Blend all the ingredients except the mushrooms in a high-power blender such as the Omni V 3HP blender until smooth.
2. If desired, gently warm up on the stove.
3. Put a generous spoonful of marinated mushrooms in a bowl and top with broth.