In raw food cuisine, raw almond butter and tahini are often combined to simulate the flavor of peanuts. (We also feel they’re a much healthier choice!) Enjoy as a dip for Spring Rolls, on top of Kelp Noodles or your favorite veggie or grain pasta.
- 3 tablespoons raw almond butter
- 2 tablespoons raw tahini
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon raw sesame or melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 Medjhools (or 3 small soft dates)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup water, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
Process all ingredients in a high power blender such as the Omni V 3HP blender until smooth and creamy. If necessary, add more water until the desired consistency is reached.