As I often like to joke, I love spinach so much than I may very well be Popeye reincarnated! One of my favorite ways to enjoy this nutritious and iron packed green is also one of the simplest: in soups. I’ve made several variations of the following one, and it always hits the spot. Try it; you might become a convert too!
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 4 cups spinach (packed)
- 2 cups roughly chopped cucumber
- 1 cup roughly chopped zucchini
- 1 cup roughly chopped tomato
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (or I handful) parsley
- 1/4 cup (or I handful) cilantro
- 1 teaspoon light miso
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups water, or until desired consistency is reached
Blend all ingredients in a high-power blender such as the Omni V 3HP blender until smooth and creamy.
Spinach Dill Variation: Follow recipe above, replacing parsley and cilantro with 1/4 cup fresh dill.