Here’s one delectable and totally addictive recipe! I’ve even served it to non-rawfoodies and they agreed it was THE best dressing they had ever tasted!
I also love how versatile it is. Drizzle it on salads or zucchini pasta, use it as a spread on your favorite bread or simply as a dip. Delish, any way you have it!
Posted by Snowdrop on Raw Freedom Community
For those missing that hidden valley feeling.
Soak time: 1-2 hrs
Preparation time: 5 Minutes
Number of Servings: 24 (or 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups nuts (cashew or mac or combo) – soak them for a creamier dressing (1-2 hrs is fine, then drain)
- 3/4 – 1 cup filtered water for blending
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (translates into approx. 1/2 lemon)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons agave (or 3 soaked dates)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
And to add after it’s done:
- 1/4 cup finely minced parsley
- Another 1/2 teaspoon dill, minced
Blend all ingredients in a high-power blender such as the Omni V 3HP blender till creamy and smooth except the last 2, then once blended, stir in the last 2 ingredients.
It will thicken in the fridge. Thin to desired consistency if using as a dressing- or toss into wet lettuce leaves as is.
– This yields quite a bit of dressing, so you might want to consider halving the recipe.
– I sometimes omit the sweetener and it’s still outstanding.