These Raw Cheeze Itz have been getting rave reviews on Raw Freedom Community. Not sure what the SAD version was supposed to taste like, but this is goooooood stuff!
Posted by rawererin on Raw Freedom Community
The original recipe is from goneraw.com, but the following I added a few things to it… and after a few hours in the dehydrator, I scored them into little squares with a fondant cutter I found at Hobby Lobby.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked
- 1 cup Brazil nuts, soaked
- 1 cup almonds, soaked
- 1 big tomato
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup soaked, sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1 pinch cumin or to taste
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced.
- Onion powder, to taste
- 2 teaspoons salt or a bit less, to taste
Process all ingredients and spread on teflex or parchment paper as thin as you like.
After a few hours score with a pizza cutter and leave until dry on top then flip and leave until crispy (all day!)
– I used a whole red pepper. I omitted the flax seeds. I used about 1 teaspoon Cumin and at least 2 teaspoons salt.
– I added 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, used 1 teaspoon onion powder and 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
– I used soaked sunflower seeds and almonds ( I never bothered to dehydrate them. )
– I used Brazil nuts, without soaking them.
– I added 1/4 cup soaked, sundried tomatoes.
– I used ground yellow flax (the recipe never specified which kind).
– I added 1 small clove of garlic, minced.
– I added onion powder, to taste.