We’ve had our share of raw pizzas, but Don and I agree that this one’s got to be the best yet! We all had fun trying to come up with a name for it.
What you’ll need:
- Your favorite Buckwheat Pizza Crusts
- Garlic Sunflower Spread
- Tomato Sauce
- Your favorite pesto (I used my Yummy Basil Spinach Pesto)
- Marinated Veggies
Yields about 33 square crusts
Herb Pizza Crusts
- 4 cups soaked buckwheat
- 2 2/3 cups sunflower seeds, soaked
- 4 cups zucchini, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3/4 – 1 cup ground flax
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
1. Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
2. Spread batter about 1/4″ thick on 3 3/4 dehydrator trays covered with teflex sheets. Score into 9 squares per tray.
3. Dehydrate at 125 for 2-3 hours, then flip onto mesh and turn the temperature down to 110.
4. Dehydrate until dry.
Sunflower Garlic Spread
- 2 cups sunflower seeds, soaked overnight
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or to taste)
- Salt, tamari or Nama Shoyu, to taste
Place all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked
- 2 or 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed olive oil
- 2 soft dates, pitted and soaked for a couple of hours
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic or more, to taste
- Optional but yummy: Handful parsley and dash cayenne
1. Drain sun-dried tomatoes well. (I usually just give them a squeeze with my hand.)
2. Blend everything together until smooth.
3. Adjust seasonings.
Yummy Basil Spinach Pesto
- 2 cups fresh basil, packed
- 2 cups fresh spinach, packed
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- Handful pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Blend all of the ingredients in a high power blender such as the Omni V 3HP blender until smooth.
- Thinly sliced fennel
- Red and yellow pepper strips
- Sliced mushrooms
- Spinach, sliced in strips
Toss veggies in a simple marinade of equal part olive oil and tamari, and some crushed garlic.
1. On a pizza crust, spread a generous layer of Garlic Sunflower Spread, followed by Tomato Sauce.
2. Then add a layer of Pesto and top with Marinated Veggies.
3. Dehydrate for 1 or two hours at 110 degrees.