This is a really yummy raw vegan Chocolate Sauce that is once again super easy and can be prepped “in a flash” in the blender. Enjoy it drizzled on fresh fruit, ice cream or whatever dessert you have lying around the house. It also makes a fab cake or cookie icing once firmed up in the refrigerator!
- 3/4 cup raw cacao and carob powder (I like to use 3 parts cacao to 1 part carob but you could use all cacao if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup pecans, soaked
- 1/2 cup raw liquid sweetener, such as honey, coconut nectar or agave
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons pure vanilla extract or liquid vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Blend all ingredients in a high-power blender such as the Omni V 3HP blender until smooth.
Enjoy it drizzled on fresh fruit, ice cream or your favorite dessert. It also makes a fab cake or cookie icing once firmed up in the refrigerator.
Will keep for about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
To liquify again, simply warm up gently on a bowl filled with hot water.