One of my favorite ways to enjoy our delicious homemade sauerkraut is in this wonderful salad created by Kate Wood. I always just eye the ingredients and it turns out great every time!
Adapted from Kate Wood’s Eat Smart, Eat Raw
Serves 2 to 4
- 4 cups lettuce leaves, torn
- 4 cups spinach leaves, torn
- 2 cups alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 small tomatoes, diced
- Handful dulse, soaked then squeezed dry, chopped
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- Dash tamari
- Dash cold pressed sesame or olive oil
Toss all ingredients together.