This is my go-to raw Corn Chip recipe. They always turn out wonderfully tasty and crunchy.
By Chad Sarno
Makes 3-4 trays
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup golden flax soaked 10-12 hours
- 1 cup almonds soaked 10-12 hours
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- In a food processor, process all ingredients in batches for optimum texture.
- First blend the soaked flax until as smooth as possible, place in mixing bowl and set aside.
- Proceed by processing the soaked nuts until finely pulsed consistency. Continue by also blending the corn and peppers until finely minced along with dried herbs, spices and salt.
- Hand mix all ingredients well thoroughly.
- On dehydrator teflex sheets, spread cracker batter evenly about 1/4 inch thick. Score with rubber spatula to desired size and dehydrate at 110 degrees for 12-14 hours. Flip the crackers onto mesh after about 3 or 4 hours for a more thorough drying process.
- Store in sealed container for storage.
– Depending on how much water you soaked your flax seeds in, you may need to add more for easier processing and spreading.