Heathy of Sweetly Raw created this cake especially in honor of Raw Freedom Community’s first anniversary. It is a berry inspired version of Café Gratitude’s mudslide pie – same concept, but with different flavors.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup dates
Process the ingredients into a dough. Press into the bottom of a 6” spring form pan, or into a pie plate.
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted cacao butter
- 1 tablespoon lecithin powder
- 2 cups mixed berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries) set aside
- Blend the first four ingredients in a high-power blender such as the Omni V 3HP blender until completely smooth.
- Add the cacao butter and lecithin. Continue blending until incorporated. Transfer 1 cup of this mixture into a bowl.
- Add the berries to the remaining cream in the blender and pulse the berries until they start to break down, keeping some texture.
- Transfer the berry mixture into a bowl.
- Pour half of one cream onto the crust. Pour the other half on top.
- Continue, pouring the first cream on top, followed by the second.
- Now, with a knife, swirl the two creams together into a pretty pattern.
- Chill the cake for a few hours, or until firm.