This dish was part of the main course at an Italian theme dinner we once catered. We opted for a simple but very intense and tasty combination of ingredients.
What you’ll need:
- Herb Pizza Crusts
- Basil & Garlic Cheeze
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Kalamata olives, slivered
- Red onion, finely sliced
- Brazil Nut Parmesan
Herb Pizza Crusts
Yields about 33 square crusts
This delicious crust recipe is sort of a cross between the Pizza Crust featured in Cafe Gratitude’s I Am Grateful and my usual favorite Veggie Herb Crust. A winner and definite new favorite!
- 4 cups soaked buckwheat
- 2 2/3 cups sunflower seeds, soaked
- 4 cups zucchini, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3/4 – 1 cup ground flax
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
1. Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
2. Spread batter about 1/4 ” thick on 3 3/4 dehydrator trays covered with teflex sheets. Score into 9 squares per tray.
3. Dehydrate at 125 for 2-3 hours, then flip onto mesh and turn the temperature down to 110.
4. Dehydrate until dry.
Basil & Garlic Cheeze
- 1 cup Basic Cultured Cashew Cheeze
- 1 generous teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon packed fresh basil, chopped
1. Combine Cashew Cheeze, garlic, chives, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and salt in a bowl. Stir until well mixed. Add basil and stir until well distributed. Taste and adjust salt, if desired.
2. Press firmly into a small container or bowl lined with plastic film. Sprinkle mixture of dried basil and garlic powder on top. Allow to chill for at least 12 hours or until it firms up.
3. When firm, de-mold, turn over and transfer onto a plate. Sprinkle more dried herbs on top and sides.
Variation: If you prefer, you can enjoy this Cheeze ‘cream cheese style’ by simply transferring the mixture into a container and using it as a spread. This is the texture I aimed for in the above cheeze.
4. Store in fridge in airtight container for up to 3 or 4 days.
1. On a piece of Herb Pizza Crusts, spread a generous layer of Basil & Garlic Cheeze.
2. Top with sliced cherry tomatoes, slivers of kalamata olives and finely sliced red onion.
3. Finish with a sprinkle of Nut Parmesan.