When the weather cools off during the winter months, we are naturally drawn towards heavier and more comforting foods. This hearty raw chili is guaranteed to warm you up!
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, cubed
- 1/4 cup leeks, minced
- Cold pressed olive oil
- Tamari or Nama Shoyu
- Lemon or lime juice
Toss mushrooms and leek in a little oil, tamari, and lemon or lime juice to soften up. Set aside while assembling the rest.
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped orange or yellow bell pepper
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped red bell pepper
Place chopped veggies in a large bowl and set aside.
- 1 3/4 cups roughly chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup roughly chopped carrot
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, soaked for a few hours
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- Jalapeno pepper or chipotle powder (opt)
Blend all ingredients in a high-power blender such as the Omni V 3HP blender until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
If you’d prefer more heat, add finely chopped jalapeno pepper or chipotle powder.
Pour sauce over chopped veggies. Add strained mushrooms and leek. Mix well.
Cover bowl with a plate and place in the dehydrator at 110ºF for 4 hours. Then take cover off and leave for another hour.
Serve with raw Corn Bread for extra yumminess.