One of the recipes I get most complimented about is probably my Spinach & Cream Pasta Casserole; a really yummy dish I was inspired to create early on in my raw gourmet phase. It consists of several steps and therefore requires some time in the kitchen. Definitely worth every bit of it, though, I promise!
Then a couple of years ago I developed another somewhat similar pasta combo for my Delightfully Raw book that used Cultured Nut Cheeze as the base. “Wow,” is all I can say! It really took things to another level, lending the finished dish a lovely depth of flavors.
This recipe is sort of a cross between these two. It has that ‘gourmet touch’ thanks to Cultured Cheeze, yet can be assembled fairly quickly.
Who said that fast and easy had to be boring, eh? 😉
Prep Time: Less than 30 minutes (More if you don’t have Basic Cultured Cheeze already made
What you’ll need:
- Marinated Mushrooms
- Marinated Spinach
- Zucchini Pasta
- Basic Cultured Cheeze
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
Toss together and set aside while working on the rest of the recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups sliced spinach
- 1 teaspoon cold pressed olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Massage together in a bowl until spinach is wilted. Set aside.
- 1 1/2 medium zucchinis, peeled
1. In a large bowl combine the following:
- 3 cups or so of zucchini noodles
- 3 cups or so kelp noodles that have pre-soaked in water for a few hours
- Marinated mushrooms and spinach
- 1/2 cup Basic Cultured Cashew or Macadamia Cheeze
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-4 tablespoons water, until desired consistency is reached (bear in mind that some liquid will be released by the veggies as they sit in the sauce!)*
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
*You might want to mix the Cultured Cheeze and the water first before adding the rest of the ingredients for easier handling.
2. Allow the kelp noodles to sit in the sauce for at least 30 mins. in order to soften them up.
3. For a warm dish, place covered in the dehydrator at 110 for 1 hour.